If you have a large dent in your garage door, you probably will need to have it replaced. However, it is possible to fix smaller dents in your home’s garage door yourself.
When your garage door is damaged, the curb appeal of your home suffers. This may not seem like a big issue, but if you are planning on selling your house in the future, it could be. Homebuyers love curb appeal. If a buyer is looking at your home and sees dents in your garage, they may believe there are other things in your home that are neglected, too.
Fixing small dents in your garage door is a quick and easy repair, whether you do it yourself or call a professional.
DIY Garage Door Dents Repair
Repairing a small dent in your garage door requires materials you probably already have around the house. There are a couple of methods for fixing dents. Choose one below based on the materials you have at home:
You’ll Need: A wooden block, rubber mallet, putty knife, fine-grit sandpaper, patching material, paint, and primer
- Wash the area with warm water and detergent and allow it to dry fully.
- Place the wood block over the dent and tap it with the mallet to even the dent.
- Sand the area to even it out.
- Use the patching material to cover the dented area and make it even using the putty knife. Let it dry, then sand it down again.
- Apply the primer and let it dry, then paint.
You’ll Need: Compressed air, a heat source, and aluminum foil
- Wash the area with warm water and detergent and allow it to dry completely.
- Put a strip of aluminum foil over the dent.
- Use the heat source so it evenly heats up the foil.
- After a minute, remove the foil and spray the dent with the compressed air upside down for about 30 seconds.
Both of these repair methods are fast and easy to do. If you have a stubborn dent, though, they may not be enough.
Get a Professional Fix From Custom Overhead Doors
When you have dents in your garage or need other door repairs, think of Custom Door & Gate first. We’ve been in the business for more than 25 years, giving us the experience and knowledge necessary to get the job done quickly and correctly. Our skilled technicians will diagnose your problem, suggest the best solution, and give a quote for the fix.
After you have selected the best choice, our technician will efficiently complete the repair. Dents in your garage door are small issues, but they can lead to larger problems. When your garage door isn’t functioning properly, you can’t enjoy the convenience and safety that comes with it.
Let Custom Door & Gate take care of all your garage door needs. Contact us today for more information or to schedule a repair.