Buying a garage door opener is not as simple as it sounds. With many different openers to choose from, the best choice for your home may not be so obvious.
Read on to learn more about how to select the best garage door opener.
Tips for Buying a Garage Door Opener
The best way to learn how to buy a garage door opener is to first know all available options. You can choose from the following:
- Chain Drive: This is the most classic version. It’s dependable and packs a solid value. Although it’s known to be on the noisy side, it’s less expensive than a belt drive. We recommend a chain drive door opener for detached garage doors because the noise will not bother anyone in a room beside or above the garage.
- Belt Drive: Belt drives are a quieter choice. They’re ideal if a bedroom is above your garage. They open with a rubber belt and are very low maintenance. Belt drives also come with longer warranties.
- Wall Buttons: Wall buttons are perfect for those who prefer outdoor keypads. It also locks all outside radio signals when programmed. Another feature of wall buttons is that are available with a timer and motion sensor. This way you can set your garage door to open and close automatically.
- Smart Technology: Did you know you can connect to your garage door opener via Wi-Fi? It’s true! You can control the opening and closing of the door through your smartphone. This option is excellent because you’ll never have to ask yourself “Did I close the garage door?” again.
- Battery Backup: In case the power goes out, you will still be able to use your garage door opener. If you experience a loss of power frequently in your area, then consider investing in a battery backup.
- LED Lighting: Garage door openers with LED lighting can provide a daylight-like feel to your entire garage.
Garage Door Opener Brand Buying Guide
When it comes to the best brands, we recommend LiftMaster because of the brand’s quality and variety of options. Parts are also easy to obtain if repairs are ever needed. When you purchase a LiftMaster garage door opener from Custom Door & Gate, our professionals can install it to ensure it works properly.
One way to choose the right opener is to read online reviews before purchasing. In addition, you can contact a professional garage company, like Custom Door & Gate, for advice on what model suits your home best.
Need More Tips for Buying a Garage Door Opener?
Ready to purchase your new garage door opener? At Custom Door & Gate, we’ll discuss your garage door opener needs and help you select the right options. Contact us today to get started with your garage door opener’s installation.