The Most Common Garage Door Design Options
Installing a new garage door or updating your current one is an exciting process. Choosing colors, materials and styles that complement the rest of your house is only made more rewarding by seeing your plan come to life right in front of you.
Sometimes, though, a simplistic design can become lackluster when you see it in person. If that’s the case, it’s time to do what you do when any part of your house becomes boring — decorate! Custom Door & Gate has a great selection of decorative hardware for you to dress up your garage door design with.
Decorative Hardware Options
When exploring your decorative hardware options, you have a few choices to accessorize your garage door:
- Handles: Even if your garage door is automatic, you’ll likely want to have handles on it in case of power outage or breakage. A decorative hinge is a perfect way to add a flair of extravagance to your door.
- Hinges: Long hinges are quite popular on garage doors, especially for buyers looking to add a rustic element to their house.
- Plates: Adding step plates to the bottom of your garage door is excellent for balancing your door’s look if it has windows at the top.
Every Clopay® door on our website has suggested styles to fit with the door’s aesthetic. These styles are:
- Spade: Spade handles, hinges and plates have raindrop-shaped ends that come to a long, narrow point.
- Spear: Accessories with spears look similar to spade decorations, but the raindrop shape is more rounded.
- Colonial: Products with this shape have a fanlike appearance with a half-oval design on the hardware ends.
Another common decorative element to add to your new garage door is glass windows. Clopay® also offers doors consisting of all-glass panels and aluminum frames.
If you love the design of a glass garage door but have concerns about privacy or lighting, rest assured we have various treatments available to provide you with a beautiful oasis away from the world. Aside from our clear glass, options include:
- Gray and bronze-tinted glass.
- Obscure glass.
- Frosted (satin etched) glass.
- Mirrored glass.
- White laminate glass.
If you decide glass is not the material for you but still want the style, we offer clear and tinted acrylic or polygal and aluminum paneling as replacements.
Make Your Garage Door Stylish and Unique
Start on your new garage door design by using some of these clever ideas. If you’re ready to design your garage door with stylized plates, hinges, handles, and glass windows, contact Custom Door & Gate to request an estimate today!