Buying a new garage door? Just like any other element of your home, your garage door is one of many parts that make a greater whole. You want your purchase to make your home a better place to live without ruining your budget. Ask yourself these simple questions to get started on your garage door search.
How Much Does a Garage Door Cost?
Before you look for a new garage door, you should establish a firm budget. Whether it’s just you making the decisions or an entire family, you need to get everyone together to figure out what you can afford.
Factors that affect the price of your door includes:
- Installation: Will you install the door yourself or hire an expert?
- Size: How big does your door need to be? Learn how to measure for a new garage door on our blog.
- Material: Do you want low-end or high-end garage door materials?
- Technology: Would you like an automatic opener? Read about the advantages of an electric garage door opener.
- ROI: What kind of return on investment (ROI) will your door bring?
- Decorative accents: Would you like to add elements like windows or lighting?
Determine what you want in a garage door and base your budget off those expectations. For example, if you plan on installing a garage door opener, you have to budget for the price of the opener and add it to the base garage door price.
What Kind of Garage Door Should I Get?
Now that you have a budget in mind, you can choose from the many types of garage doors available for sale.
You can choose from style options like:
- Paneling: Flat panels, raised panels, and carriage house panels all give your garage door a different feel. Garage door paneling also comes in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Color: Garage doors come in a full spectrum of colors and textures.
- Windows: Adding windows to your garage door lets a little light into your garage. Choose from multiple types of glass and window shapes.
- Lighting: Illuminate your garage door for added security, safety, and beauty.
Visualize Your Future Garage Door
Thanks to our garage door visualizer, you can see how our selection of products will look on your home. Upload a picture of your house and the visualizer will preview your new door. For more information on our door selection and pricing, contact us today.